When looking for the best paint sprayer, a compressed air sprayer can be a great option compared to other slower and tedious methods of painting. By some accounts, this method can be 2-3x as fast as traditional painting. With all that speed and time saved, it’s important to understand how to use the equipment, maintain the equipment and keep the equipment running well. Here are some tips:
Tips for Getting Started
- Select what paint and thinner you will be using
- Prepare the area that will be painted
- Wear a mask/safety glasses/gloves.
- Prepare the surface that will be painted
- Prime the surface if it is needed
Tips for Prepping the Compressor
- Turn the compressor on.
- Adjust the regulator on the compressor to the appropriate setting
- Attach the air hose coupling to the sprayer.
- Pour paint thinner into the paint cup.
- Open the metering valve
- Prime the sprayer.
- Empty the spray cup of any remaining thinner.
Tips for Painting
- Make sure you have enough paint to finish your project
- Thin the paint with an appropriate thinner.
- Fill the paint cup and lock it onto the sprayer
- Hold the sprayer about 6-12 inches from the surface
- Squeeze the trigger to spray
- Overlap each pass just slightly
- Refill the paint cup as needed until the project is complete.
- Allow the paint to dry
Tips for Cleaning Up
- Pour out any unused paint.
- Rinse the siphon tube and cup with thinner.
- Remove all prep materials form the area (Masking Tape, etc).